It’s time to prepare for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood! The theme park is tempting guests with a terrifying menu of horror-inspired cuisine and a selection of exclusive merchandise themed to the 2022 event, which runs select nights Thursday, September 8 through Monday, October 31.
Fans of The Weeknd, who bravely step into his all-new haunted house for an unprecedented experience, can follow the Blinding Lights to the all-new The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare Bar, a space reminiscent of a late-night club as featured in The Weeknd’s music videos and short films. Guests can enjoy mixed drinks aptly named for the multi award-winning artist’s tracks. For the first time, pizza fries are coming to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood!
Inspired by the nearby “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” haunted house, fans can dine at the Killer BBQ From Outer Space. The circus-themed eatery will serve up a variety of savory and sweet items including: BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich, Loaded Mac & Cheese, shareable 22” All-Beef Hot Dog, Loaded Nachos, Funnel Fries, Acid Pie and specialty cocktails. Killer Klowns afficionados will also scream in delight for Jojo’s Ice Cream, dishing out tasty treats inspired by the horror-comedy, including the Killer Kone, Ruijing Popkorn Shake and Acid Pie Shake.
In celebration of Los Angeles’ diverse culture, the Plaza de los Muertos is returning to Universal Plaza. Guests can toast the living and the dead with two bar options this year. The Dia de Los Muertos Bar will serve craft cocktails such as Calavera Juice, Sugar Skull Punch and Smoked Margarita in a festive light-up skull mug along with a Michelada option. A new Margarita Bar serves an assortment of libations, including a mixed Spicy Strawberry Vodka Margarita and Muerte Margarita along with a variety of frozen margarita options. The Little Cocina will offer an array of food options such as Beef Birria Tacos with Red Sauce, Cheese Tamale, Esquites, Churro Bites, Chamoy Pineapple Spears and more. Additionally, a light-up Sugar Skull popcorn bucket, which includes free refills, will be available for purchase.
Universal Studios Venues with Specialty Items
Día De Los Muertos Bar
- Calavera Juice: rum, cherry brandy, mango nectar, lime juice
- Frozen Margaritas: lime, strawberry or mango-ﬂavored with tequila
- Muerte Margarita: tequila, grapefruit, rose botanical, lime juice, cabernet sauvignon, lime wheel
- Sugar Skull Punch: vodka, lemon juice, blue curacao, grenadine topped with purple cotton candy
- Smoked Margarita: tequila, mezcal, lime, pineapple juice
- Spicy Strawberry Vodka Margarita: tamarind vodka, lemon juice, strawberry syrup, tamarind straw
- Draft and Bottled Beer
- Beef Birria Tacos with Red Sauce: beef birria, onions and cilantro served in a lightly fried corn tortilla with red sauce & a lime wedge
- Cheese Tamale: ﬁlled with cheese and green chilis served with salsa roja
- Esquites: corn off the cobb
- Chamoy Pineapple Spears: topped with chamoy and tajin
- Churro Bites: bite-sized cinnamon churros served in a cup
- Sugar Cookies: sugar skull or Halloween Horror Nights logo
The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare Bar
- Save Your Fears: vodka, grapefruit and lime juices with a tajin rim
- After Hours Nightmare: tequila, peach and lime juices, raspberry puree topped with a grenadine-ﬁlled syringe
- Blinding Lights: vodka, sour apple liqueur, lime juice and club soda served with lighted ice cubes
- Pizza Fries: French fries topped with marinara, cheese, pepperoni
- Seasoned Fries: French fries with a choice of powder flavors, BBQ, sour cream & onions, ranch
- Canned Cocktails and Beer
Jojo’s Ice Cream
- Cookies: sugar skull or Halloween Horror Nights logo
- Killer Kone: large wafﬂe cone with strawberry swirl soft serve, strawberry sauce, cherry
- Ruijing Popkorn Shake: ice cream shake, popcorn, green cotton candy
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac n Cheese: cheddar, roasted chicken, bacon, cavatappi pasta, bacon ranch breadcrumbs
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Romaine lettuce, Parmesan, chicken breast marinated in garlic rosemary
- Classic Grilled Cheese: cheddar, Mexican blended cheese, crinkle cut fries, marinara sauce dip
- Evil Takis® Mac n Cheese: mac n cheese loaded with hot, zesty Takis®
- Felonious Float: Raspberry Icee®, banana frozen yogurt, banana candy, whipped cream
- Loaded Nachos with Chicken: chicken tinga in a tortilla bowl topped with queso, guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream, cilantro
- Rotisserie Chicken: half BBQ rotisserie chicken with crinkle cut fries, corn on the cob
- Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese: cheddar, pulled pork, onion, crinkle cut fries, banana BBQ sauce dip
Hollywood & Dine
- Candy Corn Funnel Cake: funnel cake topped with candy corn
- Korean Corn Dog
Voodoo Doughnut at Universal CityWalk partakes in the terrifying festivities with seasonal specials, including Ghost, Jack-o-Lantern and Tombstone decorated yeast doughnuts and a Halloween Sprinkle cake doughnut.
Halloween Horror Nights guests can elevate their experience with a variety of apparel, souvenirs, drink ware and collectibles featuring their favorite haunted houses as well as items from the artist signature series showcasing the legendary Universal Monsters. In addition, for the first time ever at Universal Studios Hollywood, merchandise based on fan favorite character Lil Boo celebrating “Every Day is Halloween” will debut in stores.
Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood begins on Thursday, September 8 and runs select nights through Monday, October 31. Tickets purchased online or at the Universal Studios Hollywood Front Gate provide guests with Early Event Admission to select houses, beginning at 6pmeach night of the event (subject to change). Various ticket options are available for purchase, including General Admission, Universal Express, After 2pm Day/Night, R.I.P. Tour and popular passes, Frequent Fear and Ultimate Fear, which allow guests to experience the scares again and again. Click here for more information about each ticket type and for terms and conditions.